Children & Young People’s Weight Management
“I especially like the circuit, I thought it was effective. I was sweating tonnes! I am looking forward to next week.” “Today’s session was great, I feel great too and I’ve learnt that loving your body is worth it.” "Today’s session was fantastic” “I find it really helpful and fun.” “I’ve made new friends."
Changing Lifestyle Club
The Changing Lifestyle club is a free 12-week program for children and young people who are struggling to maintain a healthy weight. The emphasis is on engaging young people to be active for life by giving them a positive experience that will leave a desire for more. They are taught how to make healthier nutrition choices and how to make decisions that will contribute to them leading a healthy lifestyle and maintaining a healthy weight
- The Changing Lifestyle program is designed to help children and young people make small significant changes in their lifestyle, which they can maintain for life. We also engage them in activities aimed at building a positive body image and raise self-esteem.
- Throughout the program the young people and their families are encouraged to take responsibility for their health and lifestyle.
- After the 12-week program is finished the young people have the choice of staying on in the program until they achieve their target
What does the programme offer?
Moat Community College
11:00am – 1:00pm tbc
11- 16 year olds
7 – 10 year olds (not yet started, but will be 1.30pm – 3.00pm)
How do I join?
Who can make referrals?
1. Complete the online referral form
2. Hard copies can be downloaded sent to you via post or email
If you would like more information about the Changing Lifestyle program before referring, please feel free to use the contact form on this website
Changing Lifestyle Camp
Shaw Control runs a residential camp for one week in the school summer holidays for young people aged 11-16 years old.
The key to maintaining a healthy weight is to ‘change your lifestyle’. The Changing Lifestyle Camp is aimed at giving young people that jump start into making a change that they can sustain for life.
The camp day is very active with a whole range of fun and exciting physical activities, such as:
And much much more!
There are also lifestyle sessions which will focus on nutrition, changing behaviour and raising self -esteem. The nutrition classes will be based on balance, moderation and variety.
Throughout the stay, the young people are encouraged, and supported to:
The young people will leave camp feeling fitter, healthier and more confident.
Information and Dates of Upcoming Camps
To be Confirmed
This years’ Changing Lifestyle Camp is held at ___